Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gone forever my dream reunion?


I am a diehard Braves fan. It’s been a roller coaster ride the last 31 years of ups and downs and then going through that glorious period from 1991 to 2005 of winning their division. Three of my favorite players from that era are Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux, and John Smoltz. Great pitchers who were a vital part of those championships along with a number of other players. In 2002 we lost Tom to the Mets and in 2003 lost Greg to the Cubs and things weren’t the same then in 2008 we get Tom back and still have Smoltz and I am hoping that since San Diego Padres are looking to trade Greg that he can come back too and I can have all of those great memories back well I was hopeful for that until Smoltz suffered a season ending injury. It’s hard because I wanted them all to retired here as Braves and have one more year in them together. I’m hopeful for a miracle of maybe they can have it in 2009 but I know that time is running out due to them all being in their 40’s but I will always have 1995 when they became world champions and I can’t think of three other pitchers who were together that long in my lifetime and are all classy great guys.

No comments: